Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? For our family, we went to the desert almost every Thanksgiving to ride dirt bikes and eat turkey at a picnic table. I remember the few times we had a actual sit down semi formal Thanksgiving dinner and feeling like it was just not quite right. After going away to school and being away from family, I realized that it is not where you are, but who you are with on Thanksgiving. We as moms set the tone for the day. There are years where we are with extended family, and years where we are home with our immediate family. The one thing that remains constant is going around the table and sharing what we have been blessed with or by over the past year. A few years ago I found a project that my brother had in Kindergarten (87?) and was so thankful just to look back and see how we have been blessed. That year I took the paper with me to Colorado and read it at the dinner table. It was neat to read it to my mom, dad, and grandparents and remember together how God has blessed us twenty years later.




I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are. We will be sharing our thanksgiving blessings in Colorado once again with parents, siblings, and cousins. It should be a time for many thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, what a SWEET, wonderful keepsake to have so many years later! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete